Business Entity Data
Business entity data has become increasingly important due to a heightened focus on regulatory compliance and risk management in the financial industry, particularly during times of market volatility. However, challenges to sourcing the data include disparate sources, a lack of standards and manual collection of the data in individual business silos. Indeed, in many organizations, entity data and securities data are often maintained separately, which can necessitate a costly and time-consuming manual mapping process to identify global exposure to various entities, industries and regions.
Interactive Data offers a Business Entity Service designed to help clients meet their requirements for managing credit, market and operational risk, financial instruments' collateral, as well as compliance under a variety of global risk management and liquidity risk regulations, such as UCITS III/IV, the EU Third Money Laundering Directive, the Capital Requirements Directive (Basel II/III), MiFID (conflicts of interest), Investment Company Act of 1940, and the USA PATRIOT Act.
Interactive Data’s award-winning* Business Entity Service combines specialist counterparty reference data with its own security-level reference data for a wide range of asset classes including:
- Global listed equities and fixed income
- Global corporate bonds, government and agency issues
- Global asset-backed securities
- U.S. municipal bonds
- Derivatives (options, warrants and structured / hybrid)
The service establishes relationships between issues, issuers and parent entities and maps them directly to a client's file of securities on a daily basis.
The Business Entity Service can help clients obtain a more complete picture of the corporate hierarchy of an entity in order to understand its capital structure and global exposure, as well as perform pre- and post-trade technical analysis.
Business entity data fields are available in conjunction with Interactive Data's pricing and reference data content.
- Entity identifier
- Entity full legal names
- Registered and operational address information
- Phone number
- Web site
- Immediate and ultimate parent entity identifiers
- Immediate and ultimate parent entity details
- Map to client proprietary code (if required)
- Industrial classifications
- Aggregate voting rights
- Entity debt outstanding
Interactive Data Business Entity Service
The Business Entity Service is available via the Securities Information Retrieval Service (SIRS), RemotePlus, 360View, FTS and the Business Entity Service Web-based portal.
- Offers a subscription-based module
- Combines specialist third party business entity data content with Interactive Data's security reference data
- Includes full legal names of issuers, immediate and ultimate parent entities
- Provides specialist researched data plus audit trail of the entity-parent linkage
- Delivers information on a daily basis (intra-day and end-of-day)
- Designed for use with industry standard identifiers such as CUSIP, SEDOL and ISIN
- Offers direct support for client queries
The Evolving Nature of Corporate Actions – contributed blog post by Charlie Price for the SWIFT Dialogue Website, March 2013
The Truth About LEIs: What You Need to Know! – A DerivSource Podcast sponsored by Interactive Data
LEIs - Increasing Usability & Benefits of the New Standardised Identifier – A DerivSource Podcast sponsored by Interactive Data