Anne OBrien, +1 212-771-6956
Europe and Asia-Pacific
+44 (0)20 7825 8514
Interactive Data Introduces New Version of FutureSource
Enhanced Platform Provides Energy and Commodities Traders with Advanced Functionality and Additional Content
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Dateline: New York
New York, February 14, 2013 -- Interactive Data Corporation, a leading provider of market data solutions to the global commodities and energy industry, today announced the availability of its enhanced version of FutureSource®. The FutureSource platform is designed to deliver cost-effective market data management, analytics and trade execution through a variety of futures commission merchants.
Interactive Data continues to make significant investments in extending FutureSource to traders, brokers and analysts globally, and this latest iteration is the first of several expansions to the platform that are currently planned to be released this year. FutureSource Version 3.5 introduces a broad array of new non-exchange content along with improvement to the user experience and enhancement to options analytics, in a comprehensive solution.
“Energy and commodities traders, brokers and analysts face challenges related to global demand pattern changes, volatility and asset diversification, and they are looking for a platform that can provide the content, functionality and usability required to aid their decisions,” said Tom Mallon, Global Director, Energy & Commodities for Interactive Data. “The upgraded capabilities in FutureSource are designed to address these decision support needs while helping our customers maximize the value of their market data spend.”
Key additional enhancements in FutureSource include:
- Expanded Content: Users can view market depth for ICE Futures US and ICE Futures Europe, along with new US and European refined oil products content from Argus Media, EIA oil inventory statistics, and agriculture cash market prices from USDA.
- Enhanced Options Analytics: Users now have access to more powerful analytics and risk management capabilities, designed to allow them to chart historical implied volatilities and options skews. They can also view expanded options content for all options months or a specified group of months.
- Current Trending News: Greater insight on key market drivers is offered for energy, agriculture and metals, along with related industry information from thousands of news sources.
- Tick Bar Charts: Tick data can now be viewed as a series of user-defined bar charts, designed to provide a deeper view into intra-day price changes, volume changes and overall trading patterns.
- Tree Structure Search: A new and intuitive futures symbol lookup function designed to more easily and quickly find content.
“We are delighted to have Interactive Data as a vendor for Argus price reporting services,” Argus Media chairman and chief executive Adrian Binks said. “Argus’ in-depth coverage of global energy and commodity markets will offer Interactive Data’s customers robust data and analysis to help support investment and trading decisions.”
In addition, FutureSource enables trading with more than 50 futures commission merchants (FCMs) and 40 worldwide exchanges. This new version can allow users to quickly filter time and sales in order to help analyze intra-day trading activity.
For more information, please visit: www.futuresource.com
About Interactive Data Corporation
Interactive Data Corporation is a trusted leader in financial information. Thousands of financial institutions and active traders, as well as hundreds of software and service providers, subscribe to our fixed income evaluations, reference data, real-time market data, trading infrastructure services, fixed income analytics, desktop solutions and web-based solutions. Interactive Data's offerings support clients around the world with mission-critical functions, including portfolio valuation, regulatory compliance, risk management, electronic trading and wealth management. Interactive Data has over 2,500 employees in offices worldwide.
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with nearly 500 full-time staff. It is headquartered in London and has offices in each of the world’s principal energy centres. Its main activities comprise publishing market reports containing price assessments, market commentary and news, and business intelligence reports that analyse market and industry trends. For more information, please visit www.argusmedia.com/
For More Information:
Anne O’Brien (North American media)
Tel: +1 212 771 6956
Geoff Whitehouse (Europe and Asia-Pacific media)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7825 8012