Welcome to CLICK, Interactive Data Desktop Solutions' new e-newsletter. Interactive Data's offerings can help lower the total cost of ownership across the entire investment process--from price discovery and analysis to sales, trading, and wealth management. This inaugural edition of CLICK highlights new product features that enhance the value provided by Market-Q, FutureSource Workstation and Interactive Data Mobile. CLICK will be distributed on a periodic basis to keep you up-to-date on news regarding Interactive Data's desktop products. Please let us know if there is something you would like to see in forthcoming issues-we welcome your suggestions.
Market-Q Delivers Array of Enhancements
Market-Q is a browser-based, comprehensive service that provides global real-time pricing information, news, research and advanced charting. The latest version of Market-Q is designed to provide more convenient access to fundamental data, deliver expanded ETF and mutual fund data as well as market rates, and make symbol searching easier.
Fundamental Data Redesigned for Improved Workflow
To simplify access, company fundamental data is now integrated in a native Market-Q window with a new tree-style menu for easy navigation between pages. The new fundamentals window is designed to provide integrated access to company profile information, consensus earnings estimates and ratings, ratios, institutional ownership and financial statement data. Users can also add pages to their favorites to make them load faster with instant access through content caching, and easily print or create PDFs for distribution to clients.
Capital IQ is now Market-Q's single source of fundamental data for both U.S. and Canadian listed companies. Capital IQ's data and broad market coverage will create an optimal experience for those users who require a fundamental research window.
ETF and Mutual Fund Data Expanded
The new version of Market-Q provides profiles of US and Canadian ETFs and mutual funds. Each ETF and mutual fund profile page will include an overview with prospectus data and end-of-day market data. In addition, the page displays historical performance and recent distribution data with portfolio composition such as asset allocation, sectors and/or geographic breakdown as available.
US and Canadian Market Rates Now Available
As a new feature, there will be Market Rates pages available for both the US and North America including Canada. These pages are designed to consolidate key rates such as U.S. and Canadian treasuries, fed funds, deposits, government repos, spot rates, commodities and more.
Market-Q Symbol Search Enhanced
To make symbol searching easier, Market-Q will now feature a "type ahead" capability that anticipates what the user will type. For instance, if a user wants to type in Microsoft and starts with the letter M, the system will provide MSFT as a choice that the user can click on instead of requiring that the user type in the entire name or symbol.
In addition, the improved search is designed to provide more relevant results based on market capitalization and other factors. The goal is to increase the chances that the desired symbol will display at the top of the list without having to further refine your search.
FutureSource Workstation Offers Market Depth
FutureSource Workstation is a decision-support tool that delivers real-time market data to the commodities, financial futures and foreign exchange trading communities. The new version of FutureSource Workstation delivers a number of enhancements, including futures market depth and RTD (DDE+) linking into Excel.
Market Depth Details
The new market depth window will initially provide CME and CBOT Globex data. It is anticipated that market depth from other exchanges will also be added this coming year.
RTD (DDE+) Excel Functionality Available
RTD (DDE+) linking into Excel and an RTD Excel add-in toolbar are designed to enable users to create dynamic historical data tables in Excel. RTD (DDE+) also supports cell referencing in Excel. FutureSource Workstation will continue to offer DDE linking.
Mobile and Terminal Users Share Watchlists
Interactive Data Mobile (formerly known as QuoTrek) is a robust mobile service designed to allow users to seamlessly share watchlists between their Market-Q and FutureSource Workstation terminals and their mobile device. What's more, Interactive Data Mobile is now available on three operating systems.
Share Desktop Watchlists With Mobile
Interactive Data Mobile is designed to allow users to share watchlists between their Interactive Data desktop and mobile device. Users no longer need to enter the symbols into their mobile solution. Clients taking advantage of the capability only need to pay exchange fees once, as long as they're only using one device at a time.
Mobile Now on iPhone, Android
Interactive Data Mobile is now available on three major operating systems, BlackBerry, iPhone and Android. With Interactive Data Mobile, data from many of the world's markets, along with streaming charts, analytics and news are fed to a mobile device, all while users are on the go.
New Content Added
Interactive Data's Desktop Solutions provide access to data from over 125 global exchanges. The Company has added over a dozen new data sources to its desktop offerings over recent months. Following is a list of new data sources:
- Bovespa Stock Options
- Chicago Climate Futures Exchange
- Canadian National Stock Exchange (CNSX)
- Currenex FX brokers (FXDD & Divisa)
- Cyprus Stock Exchange
- Green Exchange
- Lima Stock Exchange
- Market News Publishing
- National Stock Exchange of India - Stock Options
- Russell Indices
- Combined TSX / ATS level 1 (Canada)
In addition, the following markets are available on FutureSource Workstation:
- Amerex Energy - Gas
- Amerex Energy - Power
Additional Features Coming This Year
In addition to the features outlined above that are included in Market-Q 3.4, Interactive Data is working on an array of content additions and enhancements for Market-Q that are due to be rolled out this year in two new releases.
Planned for Summer 2011 - Version 3.4.1
Planned for Fall 2011 - Version 3.5
- News - The ability to search by news category can make news filtering more relevant to the topics you're interested in.
- Symbol Lookup - Building on the improvements made to the symbol lookup feature in Market-Q 3.4, Interactive Data will be adding more robust abilities to search by asset class and CUSIP.
- ETF and Mutual Fund Profile pages - These profiles will be incorporated into Market-Q with better printing and PDF formatting for client presentations.
- Fundamentals - Ownership information will be enhanced to include personal ownership data in addition to the existing institutional ownership data. Summary insider transaction data will also be added for a more complete view of ownership sentiment.
- News and Commentary - Additional content from Dow Jones can enhance the financial news and commentary offered in Market-Q. Interactive Data plans to continue to enhance the news interface and search/filtering capabilities further beyond the improvements planned for version 3.4.1 above.
- Symbol Lookup - Continued improvement of the symbol lookup feature will include more sophisticated results ranking for futures contracts.
- Company Structure and Sentiment Information - New content which can help you understand business entity relationships among public companies, along with fair value and capital structure information.
- Canadian Trading Venue Data - Support for Alpha Level 2 data will be added.
- Charting - Additional indicators for charting, including the introduction of yield charts, is designed to add value to Market-Q's current robust offering of charting features and studies.
Learn more about our Desktop Solutions.